Africa Business Network (ABN) is a registered youth led organization in Ghana which has been operating since 2014. Our mission is to provide an enabling environment for small businesses to kick start, grow and become viable.
We do this through our strategic partnerships with institutions, corporate organizations, training institutions, other NGOs and state agencies.
Since 2014, ABN has been supported by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) through the Ministry of Trade and Industry Ghana; Information Resource Centre (IRC) US Embassy, Ghana, training institutions including University of Ghana, Legon, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), and NGOs namely, Challenges Worldwide UK, Youth Foundation Hong Kong, China, and L’Afrique des Idées, France.
We have trained over 5,000 youth in over 65 workshops, seminars, capacity building and brainstorming sessions on entrepreneurship skills development, business startup and financial skills.
Through our well-structured training programs, we have helped a tremendous number of startups to bootstrap and build successful business through our operations.
Over 100 companies in Ghana majority of whom are SMEs whose capacities we have built over the years through are capacity building and networking programs include Environment 360, STA Africa, Wear Ghana, Akila Designs, MK Engineers & Processors Ltd., just to name a few.
Our not-for-profit enterprise is a Ghanaian success story which is blazing the trail in ending poverty through financial literacy and providing jobs skills.
TRAINERS & SUPERVISORS
A cross section of our Trainers and Supervisors who have assisted in our training programs include:
1. Albert Biga, CEO Zoobashop.com
2. Akumba Ben, CEO Akumbami & Associates
3. Esi Amankwah, Former Country Manager, Challenges Worldwide
4. Kosi Yankey, CEO, National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI)
5. Prince Adu-Afful, CEO Sylprin Company Ltd
6. Hei-Yue Pang, Project Coordinator, Endowment for Youth Global Development, Hong Kong
7. Rogers Akpata Stephen, Charted Professional Accountant (CPA)
8. Stephen Wallace, CEO, Omanhene Cocoa Bean Company, USA
9. I.K Adusei, Founder & Executive Director, Africa Business Network.
10. Prof. Stephen Perry, Information Resource Officer, US Embassy